I’m launching a Fuel King/Queen Challenge here on Couple Money and My Financial Reviews this month! With summer approaching, I thought it would be nice to have a month long challenge to encourage one another to save money in a big way.
I also thought it would be nice to have a challenge that could help others save money over the long haul, so this month’s challenge is a friendly competition to improve gas mileage with the cars we drive.
Of course having some prizes makes challenges a bit more fun!
Fuel Challenge – Money or Amazon Giftcards
We’re giving away money (via paypal) or Amazon gift cards to 3 winners, divided up by type of car driven. Right now the prizes are:
- $75 thru Paypal or Amazon Gift card for sedan/coupe drivers (I’m grateful that Improve Yourself Daily is helping out and adding $25 to the prize pot!)
- $50 thru Paypal or Amazon Gift card for SUV/truck drivers
- $25 thru Paypal or Amazon Gift card for hybrid car drivers (Thanks to Crystal at Budgeting In the Fun Stuff for sponsoring this prize!)
If you’re as excited as I am, please join us for a chance to win.
- If you’re signing up for the sedan/coupe drivers challenge, please follow me on Twitter if you haven’t already.
- If you’re signing up for the SUV/truck or hybrid challenge, then please follow My Financial Reviews on Twitter.
No matter which challenge you take, please keep your receipts and record your gas mileage with every fill-up either on Couple Money or on My Financial Reviews, depending on which challenge you take. simply leave a comment on today’s challenge post on Mondays’ posts which will be sharing everyone’s progress and tips.
I’m using Fuelly for this challenge, so if you want to follow me, my user name on the site is ElleCMB.
The contest ends May 31, 2012 (11:59 PM Eastern). You must be 18 or over to qualify for the prize. If you don’t have a Paypal account, you will be sent an Amazon GiftCard. This contest is open to U.S. and Canadian readers. Please keep your gas receipts to verify mileage.
Thoughts on Fuel Chllenge
Best wishes to all who sign up. Even though not everyone can win the prizes, all of us can save a bit of money this month. What are your goals for this challenge?
Build Up Your Marriage and Wealth
Learn how you two can build up your wealth, together - get free money guides to jump-start your savings, pay off your debt faster, while still having time for fun as a couple!