My mom is on spring break this week so we’re doing a family weekend trip. She offered to watch the kids for a couple of days, giving us some time to unwind at the beach. Yay grandparents!
If you’re on break too, I have some great reads to share.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here, I also run the Couple Money Podcast, contribute to other sites, and occasionally do interviews. Here are few things I’ve been busy with:
- My Moneystepper Savings Challenge Update on Moneystepper: Since joining the challenge, it’s been a busy few months with having our second daughter and getting back to work. I talk to Graham about the progress we’ve made so far on our 2015 goals.
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Refund on TurboTax: We received our tax refund last month and it was divided between helping us grow out net worth and covering the weekend trip. I listed some other ways you can spend your money to boost your finances.
- The Saver’s Credit Explained on TurboTax: If you put some money into your retirement accounts in 2014 and haven’t filed your taxes yet, come check my post to see if you qualify for the Saver’s Credit.
- How to Travel for Free….With Kids on Couple Money Podcast: Dan Miller from Points with a Crew shared how he and his family of eight save a ton of money when they travel around the country.
If you haven’t check out the Couple Money Podcast, please do. Besides Dan talking about travel, we recently had episodes covering credit unions, buying a house, and starting a home garden. It’s free to subscribe to CMP!
Money and More Posts I Loved This Week
I found a few gems this week on saving and earning more money.
- How I Buy BRAND NEW Kids Clothing For Almost 90% Off Retail! on His and Her Money
- 21 Ways To Live Frugally on The Shop My Closet Project
- Maximizing Your Budget in 2015: Baby Supplies on Our Freaking Budget
- Freedom > Money > Stuff on BudgetsAreSexy
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!