In case you didn’t know, besides personal finance, one of my interest is video games. My husband and I both enjoy them and yes, we do have all three consoles. Last year when we went to E3, it was a dream come true and I loved walking around and trying out the games and gadgets.
Some of my favorite games are action based role-playing games (RPG). They include titles like Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, and Infamous. I enjoy getting immersed into a story/universe and I’m a big fan of the renegade/paragon set up that allows you to affect the story line.
Last month, Infamous 2 came out and we decided to buy it. Usually we wait until the titles are used, but we enjoyed the first so much and went for it the first week. (By the way, I felt the same way for The Force Unleashed and bought the sequel opening week – very disappointed at how short it was).
What I Enjoyed About Infamous 2
I wanted to just briefly share what I enjoyed about the game, in case you’re on the fence on whether to buy it or not.
While I thought they did a great job on the first game, I felt that the story line was more cohesive and dramatic in the sequel. Not giving away endings, but both paths lead to some significant consequences.
Zeke is better developed in the sequel. I didn’t understand how he and Cole were ever close in the first game. They more than made up for that problem in this sequel with better dialogue. Zeke came across as more intelligent and sympathetic.
While I didn’t like all the new abilities, having so many options is a huge plus and they really had me changing up Cole’s powers based on the missions I went on.
What I Disliked About Infamous 2
No game is perfect, so here’s what I didn’t like about Infamous 2.
Some of the missions felt extremely long and repetitive. I also hated overcharge – not completely sure why. Maybe it’s because they reminded me of the satellite up-link missions from the original game.
Along the same lines as the missions, I felt like some monsters were more annoying than challenging.
Thoughts on Infamous 2 and Video Games
Overall, I’d rate this as a ‘buy’ game. It’s fun and I can play it again and again. How about you? What are some of your favorite video games titles that came out this year? Which ones are you looking forward to getting in the next few months?
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. There are some handy tips this week to help you out.
- Will Greece Default And Blow Up The World? via Financial Samurai
- Why I Shouldn’t Have Got Behind a Nice Lady in the Supermarket Line via Len Penzo
- 15 Ways to Save on Your Wedding via Lending Tree
- Take Advantage of Retirement Accounts for Small Business via Roth IRA
- How to buy a stock or ETF using a Canadian discount brokerage via Money Smart Blog
- Avoiding Estimated Tax Underpayment Penalties via Oblivious Investor
- Are Banks Ratcheting Up Their Profiling Efforts? via Free from Broke
- Using A NEXUS Card To Cross The Border via Boomer and Echo
- How Can You Get Rich in Your Lifetime? via Studenomics
- Capital One Buys ING: What Are Your Options? via the Wisdom Journal
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow. Please also let me know what are some of your favorite blogs that you enjoy reading on a regular basis.
Married Food Posts
Marroed Food, my blog on enjoying good meals as families, is coming along well. It’s been a really fun month and I noticed a bump in traffic in the last couple of weeks. Here are some of the most popular posts on Married Food in June.
- My $1 Breakfast
- Countdown to Baby: Preparing and Freezing Meals
- Tips for Constructing Homemade Baby Foods
- 12 Ways to Get Your Partner in the Kitchen
- How to Store Your Fresh Herbs
I really enjoyed Wojo’s article on including your spouse in the kitchen. Cooking seems more enjoyable with some company
I know many of your have a long weekend ahead, so have fun and please be safe with your family!
Photo Credit: popculturegeek.com