This summer one of my goals is take our baby girl around – ballparks, museums, and of course the pool. This heat isn’t making it easy though. We’ve went to a game last Thursday night and it was still a bit muggy 7 in the evening. the good news is that the game was exciting and there was plenty of drinks and icees around to enjoy and cool off.
I’d like to ask other parents, how are you keeping your kids busy while staying cool?
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a couple of my favorites from this week:
- GoBankingRates-> Should You Buy a Lousy House to Get Into a Good School System?: If you’re looking at buying a home and you’re a parent, this is a good post to review. Finding a good house in good school system is important. The question is what if you can’t find a good home, should you trade off so you’re in the school district?
- My Financial Reviews->Gasoline Costs of the Honda Accord: I’ve continue to track my fuel consumption and I share the numbers for June.
- Married Food-> Setting the Table for Success and Weight Loss: I share some tips about how small changes to the table and dinnerware has helped us eat better and lose weight.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. They’re from tweets I’ve sent out this past week.
- In Search For Empathy For The Unemployed via @financialsamura http://awe.sm/d0s7a
- A Victory for College Students for Now – Student Loan Rates Remain Low http://awe.sm/l0KTZ via @freefrombroke
- Statistics of Emergency Funds vs. The Smart Phone http://awe.sm/m06M2 via @mjtm
- Health Care Insurance Mandate Upheld: What Does It Mean for You and Your Taxes? via @TurboTax http://awe.sm/c0Uy2
Please follow me to get them as I post them. I hope you had a great weekend!
Photo Credit: theseanster93