I decided to enjoy a long weekend and went to the zoo with my family and friends. I needed a break. Work has been keeping busy with getting some behind the scenes tasks done on projects. I’ve also been trying to keep up with the 5,000 word challenge over at the Yakezie network. One of my goals is to write more in-depth posts, but it’s a struggle balancing home, work, and blogging.
Taking our baby girl to the zoo for the first time was so much fun. I expected to have great time taking pictures of her and watching her, but it was even better than I anticipated. It’s amazing to see a little person forming right in front of us. She was trying to keep up with all of the bigger kids and trying to chat them up (still babbling but if you listen carefully ‘real’ words pop out).
Just watching her point at some of the animals and trying to imitate what she saw was fantastic for me. I really got to use our new digital camera I kept switching from digital camera mode to video mode – too many moments!
It pretty much was an all day trip, but the time flew by quickly. There were plenty of animals to see and the kids really tired themselves out running and exploring everywhere. (Win-win in my book!) If you’re looking for a family trip and the zoo can be the perfect mini-getaway.
Couple Money on the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money, I write on some other financially related sites. Here is one of my recent articles that was posted:
- My Financial Reviews: Heart of Carolina Food Drive 2012 -> Not a financially related posts per se, but a local campaign to help fight hunger that I wanted to highlight. Besides donating food, I also want to point out that if you have some time, many food banks would be happy to have more volunteers. Giving is more than money. Choose how you want to support the causes that matter most to you and your family.
This week I’ll be writing a bit more than usual as I’m planning on taking off a few days for our anniversary next month and want to have a couple posts up while we celebrate.
Favorite Personal Finance Posts This Week
Here are some personal finance posts that I’ve enjoyed this past week from other sites. If you want to stay up to date on all the money posts I’m reading, please follow me on Twitter or join me on Facebook.
- 10 Surprising Reasons Why Your Mortgage Loan Could be Rejected via
- How Anyone Can Retire In 10 Years (or less) via
- I Have a Confession… I Don’t Have a Budget via @FSYAonline
- Should You Refinance Your Home Loan… Again? via @SeeDebtRun
- Buying Homeowner’s Insurance: What To Look For And How To Keep Your Rates Low via @moneymatters
- More Ways for Teens to Make Money via @fcn
- Better or Worse Than 4 Years Ago? via @BudgetsAreSexy
I hope you have a great weekend with all of your loved ones!