Finally! Celica Vs Jetta – Which to Sell?
All is quiet on the Couple Money front this week. Good news is that we got the Celica back to shape again. The bad news? It cost us about $800 to get the fuel filter fixed and the catalytic converter replaced. Now that it is fixed my husband wants to keep it and sell the Jetta. To be honest I’m thinking the reverse – I think we should keep the Jetta and sell the Celica.
There are definitely pros and cons to sell one or the other. The fun part is deciding which is the best move for us.
Selling the Jetta
Some of the pros of selling the Jetta instead of the Celica are:
- It’s newer. It’s a 2000 versus a 1994 Celica. I think people will pay more for it than my husband’s car.
- We’d save on gasoline. The Celica gets over 30mpg while the Jetta is between 26-29mpg lately. Keeping the Celica means paying less for gas.
- My husband really likes the Celica. Whichever car we keep will be his comutting car, so selling the Jetta would be a plus in his book.
Selling the Celica
On the other hand, selling the Celica would be nice because:
- It has a new engine (about 60k on this one). Maybe we would get a bit more money because the engine has been replaced. (I have no idea).
- It’s been cared for. The Celica had a very careful owner previous to us and it has been well -maintained. The Jetta has been…loved and needs a good cleaning on the upholstery before we can sell it.
- It’s a coupe. It would be nice to have two sedans, but then again the Celica can fit the car seat in the back.
I’m curious, which car do you think we should sell and why?
Favorite Personal Finance Posts This Week
Here are some personal finance posts that I’ve enjoyed this past week from other sites. If you want to stay up to date on all the money posts I’m reading, please follow me on Twitter or join me on Facebook.
I hope you have a great weekend with all of your loved ones!