Good morning (or afternoon- still adjusting to the time change) from Denver! As FinCon is wrapping up today the fun has increased accordingly. For those in town for the conference my post topic needs no explanation
Since most of you aren’t bloggers, I’ll keep the recap brief. I just want to mention that there were some great presentations that I will use to improve my articles here and to provide more value to you.
One of the highlights for me was the Ally Blogger Quest, where myself and a few other bloggers were part of a scavenger hunt. Bloggers tried to find us and take a picture to win $250. For a shy person, this was a big blessing – I got to meet wonderful people through it. I hope they bring this contest back again next year!
I also want to mention that we’re having another big giveaway this week for Couple Money’s 3rd anniversary. This year we’re giving away a tablet; I just love having a fun prize to give to you as a way of saying thank you.
Couple Money on the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money, I write on some other wonderful sites. Here are some of my recent articles that I hope are incredibly helpful for you:
- TurboTax: 3 Essential Tax Tips for Newlyweds-> I love when couples can start off on the right foot with their finances. I share 3 ways you can make money easier on your marriage.
- My Financial Reviews: I Heart Southwest!-> I already mention some ways that we’ve adjusted traveling now that we’re parents and talked a little bit about the airline. Over at MFR I share a more detailed review of how awesome Southwest.
Please let me know which topics you like the most. I love to share tips that can help you.
Favorite Personal Finance Posts This Week
Here are some great posts from just a few of fantastic bloggers that I got to chat and meet up with:
- How Much About Money Do You Share with Your Honey? via Narrow Bridge Finances
- 4 Reasons a Couple May Relocate via How’s Married Life ?
- The Higher Education Path Not Taken via Beating Broke
- Kids Back in School? Did You Break the Bank? via Dorethia Conner
- How to Calculate APR for Credit Card Balance Transfer Offers Via Debt Smart
- Wrong Ways To Work Out At Home via DollarVersity
- Day 1 at FinCon12 Via Mi Common Cents
- Have Fun Mom via MoneyMasterMom
I hope you have a great weekend!