As you may or may not know, I love word and puzzle games for my phone and tablet. Whenever I’m on the road in the passenger seat or at an appointment at the doctor’s office, I’m either reading a book or playing a game to pass the time. Some of my favorites (right now) are Settlers of Catan, Quote Unquote, and Phase 10.
While games like Words with Friends can be fun online, I prefer games that I can play without a wi-fi connection on my tablet. I tend to get free apps, but honestly some for them aren’t that challenging or fun. However constantly buying apps will drain my budget.
One app that has help me grab some great games for free – Amazon App Store. Every day they have a paid app available for a free download. Even though the app is free, you do have to have an Amazon account and you need to sign up for 1-click shopping. Since I already use Amazon for some household shopping items it was not a big deal for me. Check it out if you’re interested in getting more details.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a couple of my favorites from this week:
- GoBankingRates->Men vs. Women: Experian Singles Out Whose Credit Scores Rank Highest: Interesting question, isn’t it? Can financial behavior and credit scores be attributed to gender? Is there research of how men vs. women handle their credit differently?
- My Financial Reviews->Credit Sesame: Free Way to Get Your Credit Score?: Earlier this week I talked about credits scores and mention Credit Sesame. I did a review on my other money site if you wanted more details.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. They’re from tweets I’ve sent out this past week and others posts I’ve read.
- Average Family Spending On Back-to-School Shopping via My Family Finances
- Highest Paid Careers in America via Free Money Finance
- Dump Your Girlfriend & Eat Whichever TV Dinner You Want via Funancials
- Making Sense of Cents: Do you take all of your vacation days? via Sense of Cents
- How Much Should You Pay the Babysitter? via Len Penzo
I hope you had a great weekend!
Photo Credits: okalkavan and Amazon