It’s such a beautiful weekend! It looks like we’ll be in the high 80s all this week. While the plants may not like the heat as much, it’s nice feel a bit of summer coming in.
As I was organizing stuff around the house the week, I found some spare change. I placed it in my coin jar in my room. I’m hoping to fill it up and deposit into my savings for an anniversary gift later this year. My husband also has a change jar that he uses – it’s just something we both picked up from our families.
How many of you collect your pocket change for later use? How do you use your spare change around the house?
Personal Finance Carnivals
- Carnival of Personal Finance hosted by Control Your Cash
- Carnival of Wealth hosted by Personal Dividends
- Carnival of Financial Planning hosted by My Personal Finance Journey
- Best of Money Carnival hosted by My Journey to Millions
Deals and News of the Week
There are some great contests going on this week:
- Consumerism Commentary is still running a giveaway month in May. Every day Flexo is offering at least a $50 Amazon gift card on his site.
- Enemy of Debt’s 3 Year Anniversary brings a big Reader Appreciation Giveaway
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- How to Find Free e-Books for your Kindle/Nook from Bible Money Matters
- Building a Personal Endowment from Five Cent Nickel
- Do I Need Renter’s Insurance? from PT Money
- Index Investors Can Be Aggressive Too via Oblivious Investor
- Financial Tips For Living With Friends Or Relatives via KNS Financial
- Coupon Industry Fights Illegal Extreme Couponing via Yes, I Am Cheap
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow. Please also let me know what are some of your favorite blogs that you enjoy reading on a regular basis.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Photo Credit: epSos.de