Big weekend as we’re in VA visiting some of my family, friends, and the in-laws. We left yesterday after a nice slow morning and we saw my husband’s grandparents. It’s nice to have a longer weekend where we can visit more people than we regularly do.
Married Food Launch Scheduled May 1st
I’m so excited! Over the last couple of months, I’ve been working on a new project and now it’s crunch time. I’m starting a new site called Married Food and as May 1st approaches, I’ve been working hard on getting some great content up for the big launch.
As you recall my husband and I have been changing our eating habits for over a year and we’ve seen some great improvements in our health and we’ve discovered some new tastes. After mulling over this for the last few months, I decided to go ahead and start a site about this new interest of ours.
I’m looking at this site as a food & lifestyle blog rather than having just quick and easy recipe site. Here are some of the topics I’m focusing on for now:
- Cooking Tips & Tricks – I want to have tips and tricks up to help people feel comfortable in the kitchen.
- Favorite Bites – Have a place that you love to eat at around town? Sharing food we love is fun and I think it’s a great way to discover new places.
- Global Tastes – Beyond the recipes and food, I want to learn and share the culture behind global cuisine and have some overviews about certain foods (i.e. empandas, curries, pasteries).
- Munch and Money – Grocery shopping tips and getting healthy food in your homes w/o breaking the budget. I have to have some finance posts in there
- Recipes -This is where I need you the most – I’m looking for family recipes, healthy tweaks to classic American, and global foods. I also love the stories behind the recipes. If you submit 5 recipes or more, I’ll create a contributor account with a bio back to your site if you’re a blogger. I’d love to have a community with recipes be shared with one another.
- Sustainable Food – From the farm to your plate, I want cover topics about locally sourced food and viable options for couples and families.
I’m really excited about the launch and if all goes well, a few other bloggers will join me on the new site. They’ll be sharing their expertise, stories and tips. I’ll still be writing here on Couple Money regularly; I really love writing on this site. I just needed an outlet for another interest of mine that didn’t fit in here. I hope you check it out next month.
I’m not including a link because I’ve been focusing on content all this time. Next week I’ll try a few of the layouts that I deciding on. So don’t go there yet!
If you have any ideas or suggestions please email me at elle AT couple Money DOT com. If you want to contribute to the new site, please email me as well as I’m looking forward to building a community of people who already are or want to bring globals tastes into their kitchen.
News of the Week
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Should Unemployment Benefits Be Phased Out After A Certain Age? – Sam does it again with another interesting topic on finances in our lives. Should the government skew unemployment towards those younger who are out of work? Share your thoughts in the comment section.
- The Budget Deficit and Debt: Is the Government Like a Household? – It’s on the news, but I found Flexo’s post more interesting (and informative) than what I’ve seen on TV.
- Part Time Job for Retirees: Blogger? – You never know, you could make some good money doing something that you enjoy.
- What if I Miss the Tax Deadline? – Pete offers some valuable tips on what you can do.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Photo Credit: williamcho