I’ve been tagged by Him from Make Love, Not Debt earlier this week for a meme. This a fun way to get to know one another, so I’m going to accept this challenge
Here are the rules:
- Post these rules
- Answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you
- Create 11 questions for the people you tag
- Tag 11 people and link them to your post
- Let them know you tagged them.
Here are the question Him prepared for us, let’s see how I can tackle these:
- Have you ever been ripped off and for how much? See below about the $100.
- Do you have pets? Are they awesome? Yes, we have an evil cat that we love (ok, I love and my husband accepts) and he’s quite the character.
- What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? African or European? (My husband asked for the clarification.) I’m hoping you’re referring to African as they are superior and can carry coconuts.
- Why are most childrens musicians terrible? They couldn’t hack it and decided to slip in and prey on the musically vulnerable.
- What’s the most offensive thing about the $5 bill? That it’s $5; I wish it could buy more or be at least $100.
- Prior to Jeremy Lin’s current basketball greatness, he was staying on his brother’s couch because he didn’t have a definitive contract with the New York Knicks. Was the couch long enough to fit an out-stretched Jeremy Lin?Apparently it’s a magical couch that helped him achieve his recent greatness so I’m thinking that it was self-adjusting.
- What’s the least you’ve purchased with $100? I helped a relative and they still were mad at me (apparently they needed more). Worst use of a $100.
- What’s a reasonable amount of money to spend at a strip club? $0 <- Waste of money – spend it at home.
- How much do you tip the bartender? 15-20% of my bill Really? That’s it? Come on, you know it’s watered down.
- How much would you pay for the perfect hamburger? $100 – that would be a much better use of my money 😉
- Is an iPad worth it? No; next question 😛 I’m a big fan of the Archos and as the Kindle commercial cleverly pointed out there are better values with tablets than the iPad.
I’m nominating some members of the Yakezie community:
- Wifey of a Roadie
- Len Penzo
- Car Negotiation Coach
- Financially Poor
- The Saved Quarter
- Bucksome Boomer
- Smart Money Finance
- The Penny Hoarder
- Fiscal Fizzle
- Married with Debt
- The Family CEO
Here are my 11 questions my blogging buddies:
- When was the last time you helped out a friend?
- What movie did you see to make your significant other happy?
- How long have you been at your current job?
- Would you take a 10% pay cut if it meant saving an employee at your company?
- How much is in your wallet/purse right now?
- How much is your car worth?
- How many lights are there? (TNG)
- If I gave you $100 in cash, what would you do with it?
- Where do you live? (just the state)
- Why did you start blogging about personal finance?
- What are your financial goals for 2012?
I didn’t realize how hard it is to come up with 11 questions 😛
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well:
- Green Panda Treehouse->How Serious Are You About Your Financial Goals?: Sometimes I think people burn themselves out by having too many goals that they want to accomplish NOW. What’s really important to you? What’s on your must do list?
- In a Nutshell->Sharing Our Favorite Games and Toys with Our Baby: Something that I’m excited about being a parent is sharing some of our favorite toys with our baby girl. She’s going to have a fantastic Lego collection!
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. I’m just highlighted 2 posts since I already included quite a bit of links already.
- Should You Buy (ROP) Return on Premium Term Life Insurance? via Good Financial Cents -We’re in the middle of deciding on how to increase our term life insurance coverage now that we’re parents. I discovered this type of policy on State Farm and was curious and wanted to find more. Jeff does a great job of answering questions I had about ROP insurance.
- Pay Down the Mortgage or Invest More? A win/win question via Mr. Money Mustache– I love MMM’s post – great analysis of the numbers and the different scenarios available.
Please have a wonderful weekend with your family!