With the rain this weekend, we’re going to stay in town and get some cleaning and organizing projects done around the house. This weekend my husband and some friends will be moving the last of the furniture out of the baby’s room so we can get it ready.
We’re also going to finish painting over some spots where the nail posts were fixed. Finally I’m cleaning out the home office which has became an unoffical storage room as we figure out what to do with the last of the furniture.
We already gave away a television that we had around the house and I think we’ll donate the rest. What are you doing this weekend?
Deals and News of the Week
There are some great contests going on this week
- Win an iPad 2 courtesy of ChecknGo via Centisible Life (ends May 15, 2011 10pmEST so hurry and enter if you’re interested!)
- $1000 in baby gear: The Mother of All Giveaways via Centisible Life (10 sites in are hosting the baby gear giveaway!)
- $20 Pay Pal Giveaway via MomPlans (Sustainable Personal Finance is sponsoring it!)
- Consumerism Commentary is still running a giveaway month in May. Every day Flexo is offering at least a $50 Amazon gift card on his site.
Which contests are you going to enter?
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Home Businesses You Can Start in Your Underwear via Free From Broke
- Using Health Insurance Deductibles to Save Money via Wealth Pilgrim
- Index Funds Work in Bull and Bear Markets via Oblivious Investor
- Chapter 7 vs Chapter 13 Bankruptcy via Debt Kid
- How I Saved $300 On My Cable Bill via Boomer and Echo
- Condo or House? A Question for the Readers via Life and My Finances
- Would $12,000 Convince You to Move Closer to Work? via KraCents
- How To Play Your Finance By Ear via Personal Finance Firewall
- I Would Have More Savings If… via Bucksome Boomer
- Google Pays Tribute to Roger Hargreaves via Wifey of a Roadie (not a finance post, but I’m a Hargreaves fan)
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow. Please also let me know what are some of your favorite blogs that you enjoy reading on a regular basis.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Photo Credit: amandabhslater