It’s been warm lately, but since yesterday we’ve been experiencing record temperatures here in Raleigh. We’re staying indoors for the most part – it’s very easy to get overheated in this weather, especially with a little one. We have a snippy cup for our baby girl at all times to help her stay hydrated and we have popsicles to cool off. For anybody looking to be outside during this ho0t weekend, here a few tips on staying cool.
- Wear loosely-woven natural fabrics (cotton, silk, linen) rather than polyester, rayon, or other artificial fibers (with the possible exception of performance fabrics).
- Wear light colors. Darker colors will absorb the sun’s heat and stay warmer longer than light or white clothing, which reflects light and heat. Wear natural summer clothing.
- Take a cue from people in extremely hot climates and avoid going out between 10 a.m. and 3p.m., when the sun’s rays are hottest. You’ll also avoid a sunburn this way.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- GoBankingRates-> Why Are Compulsive Shoppers Mostly Women?: When I got the assignment I was intrigued by the numbers and got to learn a bit more about this addictive behavior that can seriously drain one’s finances.
- My Financial Reviews-> Operation Refinance is Underway: A friend is looking at possibly refinancing their house and I’m tagging along to provide moral support and to act as a second pair of eyes.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. They’re from tweets I’ve sent out this past week.
- 5 Good Reasons to Autopay via @sunkcosts http://awe.sm/g07FQ
- Battling Shopping Addiction: Making Behavioral Changes via @MyBrokenCoin http://awe.sm/i057o
- Unconventional Ways to Buy a Home http://awe.sm/f0EWX via @fiscalfizzle
- Why Watching ‘House Hunters’ Will Never Be Quite the Same via @LenPenzo http://awe.sm/f0Fa6
Please follow me to get them as I post them. I hope you had a great weekend!