Great news – we finally sold our Jetta Through Craigslist! As you know, we bought a family car last year and was debating back and forth over which car to sell- my old Jetta or my husband’s Celica. We decided to sell the jetta. my husband is too attached to his car 😉
We went ahead and put the Jetta on sale with Craigslist (after getting its oil changed, a tune up, and it professionally cleaned). it took just over a week, but my VW is now with a new family. I hope she continues to run for years and serve them as well as she has done for us.
We’ve talked about what we’re going to do with the money as a couple and once everything has cleared from the bank accounts, I’ll share them here. Part of this money will be used for paying down the student loan for sure, though I’m not quite sure how much.
Favorite Personal Finance Posts This Week
Here are some personal finance posts and more that I’ve enjoyed reading (some of them for a second time!) this past week.
- How To Pay Little To No Taxes For The Rest Of Your Lifevia @financialsamura -> It’s tax season, so Sam’s post on lowering your taxes could ocme in handy for those looking for tips they can use.
- Identity Theft Prevention Just Takes A Little Effort via @DollaVersity
- An Oil Change and a Conversation About Debt -> Motivation can come from different places, even the mechanic shop
- Be Honest With Yourself About Your Financial Situation via @moneybeagle -> Looking at all the numbers can help someone see where they need to adjust their budget.
- Why Renters Insurance is a Bargain via @survivngthrivng- Cheap protection; please get some if you’re a renter
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!