Believe it or not one of the reasons I love blogging is that it gives me another excuse to read. Before I was blogging about personal finances, I was a regular readers of some of earliest financial blogs like Get Rich Slowly, I Will Teach To Be Rich, and The Simple Dollar. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of changes – many of the older blogs have been bought up, some bloggers have stopped updating their sites, and new ones are created seemingly everyday.
It’s hard to keep up with all the new personal finance blogs, so I’m glad I signed up with the Yakezie network. It helps me to discover some of the new blogs as the writers sign up to take the Yakezie Challenge. There is always a variety of challengers , each sharing their stories of how they manage their finances. If you’re looking for some new blogs to check out, I highly recommend visiting the Yakezie board!
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a couple of my favorites from this week:
- TurboTax: 5 Best Cities for Summer Vacations-> For many families summer is time for vacations and for those going on road trips I wanted to share my top 5 picks! Which cities would you put the list?
- My Financial Reviews: Using Mint to Pay Off Credit Card Debt-> I love when free tools can help with paying down debt and/or saving money. Mint’s goal feature incredibly useful for those looking to knock down their credit card balance.
- TurboTax: Should You Give Your Kids Allowance for Chores? -> Teaching kids about money can be a rewarding/challenge/enlightening experience including the decision to give an allowance to kids or not. I share some pros and cons. I’d love to hear your experiences on it.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards via @FMFblog
- Overcoming the Financial Challenges of an Accident via @MoneyBeagle
- Seven Graduation Presents That Won’t Clobber the College Fund via @fcn
- Five Tips for Landscaping on a Budget via @MarriedWithDebt
- Do Parents Have To Help? via @SustainablePF
If want to see what I’m reading each week, please follow me on Twitter and drop me a tweet! I hope you have a great weekend.