Write for Couple Money
I always enjoy sharing new voices on Couple Money. I think it makes it a stronger site and a better one for readers. I get submissions for guest posts frequently, so I thought it would be handy to put all the details in one place where I could direct people in the future.
Please understand that the information below is meant to help both of us. I wouldn’t want to waste your time, just as I don’t want my time wasted. I would love to introduce different bloggers on the site and happily accept 2 links to your site for promotion.
General Guidelines for Guest Posts
I retain full editorial and approval rights, including removing and/or substituting links.
- Your posts should be well-written, original, and should not have been previously published elsewhere. You’re free to republish your post 3 months after it has been published on the site, provided it contains a link to the original post here on Couple Money.
- I find many companies try to gain free advertising with their thinly veiled sales pitches. I want readers to engage with people and not be sold a product. I’m not accepting unsolicited guest posts that do not meet guidelines.
- While there is no specific requirement in guest post length, I find it hard to cover a topic sufficiently in less than 350 words. Poorly written content will be passed on.
- You’re allowed one link to your site within the post. Please include a short author bio with a link back to your website. Note: Your site’s name will be used for the bio link, not keywords.
- No affiliate links.
- Please send articles in html or in a Word document (html preferred)
- Articles should be related to personal finance, career, or small business topics. I do appreciate posts on lifestyle design, but I’m looking for concrete tips, not just ‘follow your passion’.
- Couple Money has a very specific audience. If you’re looking for a broader personal financial site, then you may want to submit your submission for my other financial site – My Financial Reviews.
If your post has more than 2 links when submitted I will edit them accordingly.
Fast Track to Guest Posting
Since I have an editorial calendar for the site, I’ll schedule your guest post as an opening comes up. There are a few topics that will get bumped ahead as they fill a void for Couple Money. They include:
- What We Spend On -Series on how real life couples use their discretionary income
- Money Leaks – Series on holes in our budgets that can be fixed quickly
- Baby Expenses – Series on the financial situation of becoming parents.
If you’re not sure if a post would fit, then please send me an email. I’ll be happy to look at your topic.