I always enjoy sharing new voices on Couple Money. I think it makes it a stronger and better site for you the reader. Every couple has their own way of handling their finances and I enjoy seeing how others make their money work.
Since I get a ton of emails about guest posting I want to go ahead have one place where you can see how you can submit. Please understand that the information below is meant to help both of us. I wouldn’t want to waste your time, just as I don’t want my time wasted. I would love to introduce different bloggers on the site.
I’m also writing this because
1) I’m getting requests from freelance writers who want to post content that is simply linking and promoting companies. They posts tend to be generic and offer little or no value for readers. If you want to submit, please check below to make sure your content meets the guidelines.
2) Companies are trying to gain free advertising with their ‘guest posts’. Couple Money readers do not want thinly veiled sales pitches. If you want to submit a well written guest post, then by all means do so, but you will be held to the same standards as other guest bloggers. No exceptions.
General Guidelines for Guest Posts
I retain full editorial and approval rights, including removing and/or substituting links.
- Your posts should be well-written, original, and should not have been previously published elsewhere.
- While there is no specific requirement in guest post length, I do expect a submitted guest post to sufficient cover a particular topic. My suggestion? Your guest post should be at least 500 words.
- Poorly written content will be passed on.
- For your first time guest poster, you’re allowed one link in a short bio. Your site’s name will be used for the bio link, not keywords. Note: Since I have read each post before publishing, I may include an appropriate link or two within the post, but it is up to my discretion. Please don’t make requests.
- Please send articles in html or in a Word document (html preferred)
- Articles should be related to personal finance, career/entrepreneurship, or balancing marriage with your finances. I do appreciate posts on lifestyle design, but I’m looking for concrete tips, not just ‘follow your passion’.
- Couple Money has a very specific audience. If you’re looking for a broader personal financial site, then you may want to submit your submission for my other financial site – My Financial Reviews.
Since I get flooded with guest posts submission and requests, please wait one week before inquiring on a status update. I am working as fast as I can.
I know the above list is intimidating, but I’m hoping that will filter out those looking at get a quick link.
Fast Track to Guest Posting
There are a few ways you can fast track your guest post submission. If you’re a member of the Yakezie, please let me know in the email. I do enjoy supporting the network. If you’ve submitted a guest post before or we’ve chatted please remind me.
If not, there’s still one more way, you can speed up the process. Since I have an editorial calendar for the site, I’ll schedule your guest post as an opening comes up. There are a few topics that will get bumped ahead as they fill a void for Couple Money. They include:
- What We Spend On -Series on how real life couples use their discretionary income
- Money Leaks – Series on holes in our budgets that can be fixed quickly
- Baby Expenses – Series on the financial situation of becoming parents.
Photo Credit: Sterlic