In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Learn how you can stay on top of your money with some of the best apps while also protecting your finances, privacy, and data!
Finding the Best Money Apps for Couples
Chances are if you’re listening to this podcast you do a lot of your banking and finances digitally.
In a survey by Federal Reserve Bank, they found that 71% of bank customers regularly use online banking and 43% use mobile.
For us, the convenience is hard to beat. I can do pretty much everything I need from home or my phone, including depositing checks, scheduling payments, and transfers.
I believe the last time I had to step into a branch was for the notary a few years ago.
The other side of living in a world with digital banking is that we have to be savvy about securing our finances and data.
Data breaches, phishing, and more sophisticated scammers happen and are out there, so how do you take advantage of the new apps and options out there?
There’s a lot to cover so today I’m happy to have two experts on.
We have David Jamshid, Vice President Of Software Development at Coastal Credit Union. We also have Sam Shutz co-founder of Honeyfi on.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- Key ways you can secure your accounts so you can guard your data and finances
- The pros and cons of free and paid apps
- Top apps out there for couples to manage their money as a team
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Bank Digitally
Here are some resources we mentioned in the episode as well as some other handy articles to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint, Honeyfi
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- CardNav App: Android |Apple
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- FBI Futurist Shares His Top 5 Tips For Protecting Your Identity Online
- Annual Credit Report: Free way to review each of your credit reports
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union. If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today!
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
They also have competitive rates on their business checking and savings accounts!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere.