In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Want to stop living paycheck to paycheck, but not sure where to start? Learn how to create a budget together so you can have fun now and some savings later!
Create a Budget Together
How do you feel about your budget?
Chances are you're not exactly thrilled about it.
A survey conducted by Experian found that nearly half – 42% to be exact – don’t use one because they feel like they're ineffective and unnecessary.
So how do you create a budget that you both love?
Peter Polson from Tiller, one of the coolest money apps out there, is joining me today to offer some fantastic suggestions and ideas.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- how a budget can fit into your life and grow with you through your marriage
- how to fit your personal hobbies into your budget
- why there is no one size fits all budget
Hope you enjoy!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/S6E24_How_to_Create_a_Budget_That_You_Love.mp3″ background=”default” ]
Resources to Budget Together
Do you two want to get on the same page with budgets? Here are some helpful resources mentioned in the episode and more.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving:
- Free 401(k) Analysis:
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Total Money Makeover
- Real Life on a Budget: 17 Practical Challenges to Live and Thrive on a Budget
- How to Successfully Budget as a Couple
- Track These 2 Key Numbers to Master Your Money
- Six Tips for Newlyweds to Manage Finances
Budget Templates to Try Out
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!