In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
While it may seem doctors have it easy as high earners, the reality is many are also dealing with massive amounts of debt. Learn how to make the most of your money now and for the future!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/The_Finances_of_Being_a_Doctor.mp3″ background=”default” social_pinterest=”true” ]
Financial Residency with Allison and Curtis
A few years ago when we were like trying to dig out of debt I thought they would be so much easier if we had a healthy income.
And yes having a certain amount does make a big difference but that's only part of the equation.
That's why I bought Ryan here to co-host. He's not only familiar with the technical stuff as a financial planner over at Physician Wealth Services, he has practical knowledge and real-life experience as a husband to a physician.
Today he's talking to Dr. Allison Webster, an ER physician, and her husband Curtis, creator of Dads Married to Doctors.
- the financial challenges (and massive amounts of debt) that come with becoming a physician
- working through their differences when it comes to handling money
- their financial system to knock out debt and save for retirement
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Dump Debt and Save Together
Want to make talking about money less stressful? Are you ready to tackle that massive amount of debt? Here are some resources to make it easier to stay on top of your money!
- How to Define Your Financial Priorities Together: Ryan shares how he helps his clients get on the same page with their finances
- Financial Residency: Ryan's excellent podcast
- Money Tracking and Budgets: Personal Capital, Mint, and Tiller are fantastic options
- Qapital: Free tool that makes saving automatic and fun
- How to Pay Off Your Student Loans Faster: Kevin shares how he paid Off $87,000 in 2 1/2 years
- Physician on FIRE
- The White Coat Investor
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.