In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Want to become debt free, but you haven't figured out how to do it together? Here's what you need to know to knock out your debt faster!
Can you imagine if you were debt free, what would you do with those payments instead of paying the credit card, the car loan and the student loans, what would you do with that?
Today, we're going to talk about what you need to know, so you can create a debt-free plan together!
Debt Free Together
I've yet to meet a couple who became debt free by accident.
It's kind of easy to slip into credit card debt or take on loans because that's considered normal.
But to move away from that mentality takes effort. And being a couple, you have two minds to shift.
There are things to consider together; like your approach. Do you gravitate towards earning more money to knock out that debt or do you find it easier to slash your expenses?
How fast do you do it? How do you two work as a team and use your personal talents to knock this debt off?
Every couple has their approach, so what worked for us might not work for you.
Which is why I love chatting with others and hearing how they did it.
John Wedding, the creator of Mighty Bargain Hunter, is on the show today to offer his take. He and his wife are debt-free except the house.
In this episode, we get into:
- how things shift from being solo to a couple
- why debt-free was an important goal to them
- how they work as a family to be smart with their money
I hope you enjoy!
Resources to Dump Your Debt Faster
Tired of being in debt? Here are some resources to help you dump it.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Debt Free Charts
- Attacking Debt: Which One First?
- The Great Debt Dump: Running Toward Financial Freedom with the Power of Community
- Which Debt Payoff Method Is Right for You?
- 5 Books to Motivate and Guide You to Become Debt Free Faster
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
This episode was originally released in May 2018. Show notes have been updated December 2021.