Bumping Up Your Income Through Side Hustles
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Need a boost with your income? Learn how to find the best paying side hustles for you!
Finding the Best Side Hustles That Pay Well
Sometimes to hit your goal faster, you just have to earn extra money.
Of course that’s not the only thing you’re doing.
If you’ve taken my Free 5 Days to $5K course, then you know we look at three pillars when it comes to ‘finding’ money.
First we optimize your budget, evaluating expenses to see if they are necessary or they bring you joy.
Second, we uncover ways to save when you have to spend.
But finally we also look at the other side of the coin – earning more money.
Now the easy advice to give is to get a second job, but that’s usually not the best solution, especially if you have kids or other limitations with time or location.
This is where side hustles can help. You can earn more with a bit more flexibility. However it can be tricky because the ones usually advertised are not that well paying.
You have to be strategic when finding a side hustle that allows you to earn more without burning you out.
Which is why I’m so glad Jen Smith is on today.
Jen has done it all. Seriously.
From T-shirts to writing to Airbnb, she’s tried out different avenues to earning more.
On her site Modern Frugality and Frugal Friends Podcast, she’s all about helping others to pay down their debt through better money habits and building their income.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- The differences between side hustles vs side jobs
- Explore options to earn more
- Building your income sustainably
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Resources to Build Up Your Income
If you’re looking to boost your income, here are some helpful resources to earn more money and manage it better!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- TurboTax <— We use them for our taxes
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Finding the Best Side Hustle as a Married Entrepreneur
- How to Build Income Streams to Knock Out Your Money Goals Faster
- Learn How to Pay Off Your Student Loans Faster with Side Hustles!
- How to Build a Profitable Side Hustle
- How to Create and Launch a Profitable Side Hustle in 27 Days!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Key Takeaways on Earning more with Side Hustles
We covered a lot of info today, so before we wrap up, I want to focus on a few key takeaways from preparing this episode.
- Have a clear goal for your side hustle.
- Be honest about your schedule and requirements.
- Your health > Money
If you’d like to chat more, please join us in our free and private Facebook group, Thriving Families.
We’re all about helping and encouraging one another with our family and financial goals. We swap stories, ideas, and tips.
Just head over there now. We’d love to see you there!
Watch Our Chat
If you're more a video person, come watch my chat with Jen right here!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Our theme song is from Staircases. Additional music by various artists from Audiio.