In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Interested in knocking out your debt faster, saving for a big goal (like a house down payment) or pivoting your career path? Use these tips to not only start a business but grow a sustainable side hustle!
Launching a Side Hustle
Starting a business, work from home, side hustle – you don’t have to be online for 5 seconds before you see an ad, site, or read someone saying how easy it is to get started.
It’s kind of half-true.
I would say there are more low-cost ways to get started with making money on the side, but free? No.
Whether you’re working on the side through an app like Uber, Wag, or GrubHub, flipping furniture and other yard sale treasure for profit, or working strictly online, starting a business is probably the easiest part.
Running and growing one? That’s the work.
I know some of you are interested in knocking out your debt faster or you’re to save up for a big goal.
Maybe a buy a house or bump up your savings for your little one’s arrival and you’re thinking, could a side business be what I need?
Honestly, it could.
There is a flexibility that you have when you’re in charge.
But it’ no cakewalk.
So today I want to share my chat with Marc over at Vital Dollar about his journey from working in an office, starting a side hustle, to working from home full-time.
In this episode, we’ll discuss:
- Why he made this transition from employee to an entrepreneur and when he knew he was ready
- Tips to help you use that income to reach your goals faster
- And if do become a full-time entrepreneur, how to live on an income that can fluctuate
Hope your enjoy!
Resources for Launching a Side Hustle
Here are some fantastic resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving:
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- 7 Tips for Living On an Inconsistent Income
- Designed to Sell <- Designed to Sell is a complete resource that will walk you through the entire process of launching your own creative business, from your first idea to your first sale
- Become a Freelance Writer: Get Published and Get Paid
Key Takeaways on Growing Your Side Hustle
Before we wrap up I want to focus on some key takeaways.
- Have a purpose and goal for your business
- Create a realistic schedule.
- It’s okay to keep your side hustle a side hustle.
If you’d like to chat more about the realities of working from home and starting a business, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families.
Hope to see you there!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2019 your best year ever!