Are you a parent of a child with special needs? We share some of the essential conversations and resources that help you cope and succeed!
Taking Financial Care of Your Child with Special Needs
Being a parent is an incredible gift and responsibility. Even though the most important things in life are free, I think we also know there are expenses with raising kids.
When you have a child with special needs, those expenses can skyrocket. It can be a challenge to keep things manageable, but it’s not impossible.
My mission with this podcast is to help make finances easier on your marriage so we cover topics like getting out of debt, saving for a house, and investing for retirement.
Those goals are important, but when you’re parents they kind of take a back seat to your kids.
And if your child has special needs you’re going to want to do everything you can to provide the support they need.
That can take a huge emotional and financial toll on your family.
Since this is something I’m not qualified to speak on, I’m grateful that Michelle Gershfeld is here today.
Michelle is a certified financial counselor and attorney.
Michelle also a mother who has had to work hard to make sure her daughter’s special needs was taken care of.
In this episode we discuss:
- putting together a team to help make sure your child’s needs are provided for
- financial and legal considerations to keep in mind when planning
- dealing with the unique financial scenarios that come up
Hope this helps!
If you two are looking to speak with Michelle, you can reach out through her law firm.
- AFCPE: Special thanks to them for connecting me to Michelle. AFCPE® is the nationally recognized leader in financial counseling, coaching, and education.
- Benefits For Children With Disabilities – Social Security
- List of Grants and Resources for Families with Special Needs
- Financial Assistance | |Autism Speaks
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2018 your best year ever!