In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Have you ever been frustrated with how long it was going to take to get out of debt? Learn how to handle setbacks, define your family’s path, and knock out your goals together!
Defining Your Family’s Financial Success
Do you ever feel frustrated with how things are going? You read these awesome stories like This Couple Paid Off $72,000 in Debt in 22 Months or Couple shares how they wiped out $162K debt in less than 3 years.
You’re thinking, ‘wow we’re working at a snail’s pace’.
While I love a great debt free scream and seeing these couples tackle their goals so quickly, I also know that those same stories can be discouraging.
I want to highlight a different story.
Today Steve Goodwin from My Family on a Budget shares his family’s more down to earth journey to becoming debt free and building wealth.
In this episode we discuss:
- how F
inancialPeace University transformed their finances
- Steve’s big mistake with investing and how he fixed it
- making the transition to being a stay at home dad
Hope you enjoy!
If you want to hear from another couple who did pay off their debt, but on their own timeline, please check out my interview with Toni Husbands.
We also discuss how they managed to pay $100k off when they couldn’t agree on the ‘how’ at first.
Resources to Become Debt Free
Tired of being in debt? Here are some resources to help you dump it.
- Paying Off Debts – Before or After Saving?
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Attacking Debt: Which One First?
- The Great Debt Dump: Running Toward Financial Freedom with the Power of Community
- Which Debt Payoff Method Is Right for You?
- 5 Books to Motivate and Guide You to Become Debt Free Faster
- Best Strategies to Get Out of Debt
- Paying Off Over $100,000 of Credit Card Debt Together
- Knock Out Your Credit Card Debt
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
Take the 5 Days to $5K course!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.