In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Learn how connecting with the financial independence community, can help you set up your finances so you’ll have more options and time for the things people and projects you love!
Pursuing Financial Independence on Your Terms
As a kid one of my favorite genres of books to read was those choose your own adventure stories. Remember those?
You always began the same, but based on the choices you made, you could find buried treasure. Or your plane crashes. (Wait, not sure that was a thing in a kids book. Anyways…)
Fast forward and now my absolute favorite type of video games to play are RPGs. Why?
Because you have room to craft out your own adventures.
Guess some things don't change.
What does this have to do with financial independence? Glad you asked!
I feel like financial independence is just like those books and games – you decide on how you're going to go through it.
You have flexibility to make it fit you and your family.
But it doesn't always feel that way.
There's this narrative that gets pushed that there's a certain way to FI. Specifically as fast as possible.
If you've been turned off by that segment of FI or you want to have more flexibility with your plan, I think you'll enjoy today's episode.
And to help me out is Diania Merriam. She's the founder of EconMe who knows firsthand the joys of and challenges of carving out your own FI path.
In this episode, we're jumping into:
- how Diania paid off $30k of debt and jump started her FI path
- how FI opened up options and allowed her to take risks
- how you can create a plan that fits your and your family
Are you ready? Let's get started!
Resources to Craft Your FI Path
If you're looking to get ahead with your finances as a family, here are some resources to check out!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Retire Early By Rethinking Your Priorities
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- The New Family Financial Road Map
Want to be a part of EconMe this year? Sign up for your ticket!
Because you're a listener, Diania was kind enough to pass on a discount code. Type in SIMPLIFYENJOY to save 10% on your ticket!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
They have wonderful services and accounts to make saving easier including their competitive money market accounts!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!