In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Today on the podcast we're going to be talking about the connection between your hobbies and having a rich life!
Do Your Hobbies Move You Closer to Financial Independence?
So today's topic – this connection between the hobbies you have and whether or not you're having a rich life – is fascinating to me.
It's kind of a continuation of this past Tuesday's episode where we were talking about breaking the switch with mindless spending.
Our focus there was making sure we were breaking that habit of unconsciously spending more and turning that into something more productive.
Moving from just consuming and start becoming a creator. One way we can make that transition is through our hobbies.
However, are there certain hobbies that can make a real difference with getting to financial independence faster and having a rich and fulfilling life?
In this episode, we'll get into:
- different hobbies between high earning and low earning households
- how your hobbies can help you on the path to financial independence
- aligning your hobbies to a richer life
Hope you enjoy!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/S6E23_The_Secret_to_a_Rich_Life_Your_Hobbies.mp3″ background=”default” social_pinterest=”true” ]
If you want another episode on the habits of those on the early retirement and financial independence path, please check out my interview with Justin McCurry.
He and his wife retired in their 30s. With Kids.
Financial Independence and Hobbies
If you want to explore and pick up some new hobbies, here are some resources to check out:
- The Value of Hobbies
- American Time Use Survey
- FI Reddit: What are your hobbies/what do you do for fun?
- Inside Mrs. Money Mustache’s Top-Secret Five-Figure Etsy Shop
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving:
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released in April 2018. It has been updated October 2018.