In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Thanks everyone for a wonderful November! I thought I would be nice to highlight some of my favorite things over the past month. I hope you're enjoying the site as much as I am. It's been amazing and I feel like we're going to close the year on a high note.
Just in case you're a new visitor, here is some information to get you familiar with Couple Money and the community. Couple Money is about handling family and finances responsibly in order to spend more time doing what we love.It's about living on one income and reaching your goals with the second.
Popular Posts on Couple Money
Here are some of the popular posts over the past month here.Thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a comment and/or shared their favorite posts with others.
- November 2: Financial Lessons from a Different Generation – Learning from Grandparents
- November 8: Generic Personal Financial Advice – Maximize Its Value
- November 12: 3 Steps to Staying Motivated While Paying Off Debt
- November 18: How to Start Investing (with $1,000 or Less)
- November 22: Our Savings System – Lots of Goals!
- November 26: Can’t Find a Job? Start a Business
Five Cent Nickel
If you're new, you may not know this already, but I also write at Five Cent Nickel regularly. I actually started writing on the site before Couple Money was around. I really enjoy it and it gives me a chance to try something different. My posts on FCN will be published every Tuesday morning so make sure you head over there to read and critique my work!
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs. Value Averaging
- Do You Need Mortgage Protection Insurance?
- What is Price Targeting and How Does it Affect You?
- Do You Need Umbrella Insurance?
- What Are Car Title Loans & Are They a Ripoff?
If there are any topics you'd like me to follow up here, please let me know as well.
Another exciting note – I'm writing for TurboxTax's blog to help everyone gear up for the upcoming tax season. This month I wrote two posts for Tax 101.
Please check out all the posts; there's a wealth of information in the TurboTax team and many of them are eager to help.
Subscribing to Couple Money
Joining the Couple Money Newsletter offers many benefits:
- Free Updates to Keep You Up to Date with the Couple Money Community
- Exclusive Giveaways
- Behind the Scenes Information on Upcoming Contests and Events
You can sign-up at anytime and you decide how frequently you want updates- either hot off the press as they're published or weekly summaries. Sign-up here to join.
Be a Part of the Community (How Can You Help)!
If you have any ideas on Couple Money topics, please hang with me on either Twitter or Facebook. I enjoy answering questions and chatting with others. Thank you for your support; it really makes a big difference. If you enjoy a post here on the site, please help:
- Leave a comment – Your tips have been incredibly helpful and it's great see other's insights on finances.
- Spread the word on Twitter– If you have a quick comment you'd like to leave, tweet it out – I'm amazed by the feedback.
- Share and chat with me on Facebook – I recently included a “Like” button on all the posts to make it easier to share your favorite posts with your friends. You're also invited to leave your feedback on posts on our Facebook page.
Thanks to everyone who has purchased certain books, guides, etc. on the site. I donate 5% of Couple Money’s affiliate income to Charity: Water.
I hope you’ll take some time to become part of the Couple Money community! I think the site improves greatly whenever we have a lively discussion about handling personal finances as a couple.
Photo Credit: Pink Sherbet Photography