In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Need more time together, but on a tight budget? Check out these 10 free and cheap date night ideas!
How’s the $20 Date Night Challenge going for you so far?
Though I’d say we’re pretty good about spending time together, I’m finding myself thinking of more ways to have mini-dates and quiet times together.
Yesterday my husband was working from home. While they’re usually low key, I found myself out of the house most of the day.
I had an appointment for work in the early afternoon at a Krispy Kreme. Once it was done, I grabbed some donuts for my hubby.
Nothing fancy for sure, but a nice way to chat and enjoy our sweet tooths.
The truth is, you don’t have to spend much money to have a good time. In fact, there are plenty fo ways you can have a fun day or night out for free.
Free and Cheap Date Night Ideas
One of my favorite parts of this challenge is asking my friends and personal finance buddies about some of their date night ideas. (Stealing is totally allowed! 😀 )
- We love hanging out at home, trying a new recipe together and then watching a movie, courtesy of our collection or Netflix.
- One thing we’ve done in the past is to watch old commercials from our childhood on YouTube. You can’t imagine how enjoyable this is.
- Another thing we have on our radar, but have not yet done yet, is having a paint night at home. I have many paints and brushes in my possession and we’re thinking of choosing a surface that we have around the house and painting something abstract. What could be more fun and free than this? 🙂
- We also love looking at old photo albums and telling each other something about our past that we haven’t divulged before. We’re newlyweds (married in 2015) so we have a bunch of stuff we can share.
We also appreciate having some sweet and simple dates. Sometimes we’re tired, they can provide a wonderful way enjoy each other’s company.
If you’re in the same boat (maybe you’re parents), here are some ideas to try:
- Appreciate the architecture: Walking downtown with fresh eyes and go on an architecture tour. Take pics of your favorite designs.
- Watch the game: See if there are any minor league games around in your area.
- Check out a local festival: Look at your community calendar to see if you two can catch a festival nearby.
- Build and fly a kite: Be a kid again and fly a kite. Grab a kit or build one from scratch.
- Count the stars: With pleasant and clear nights, the two of you can look for constellations.
- Build sandcastles: Those living by the beach have a great spot for a date.
Have Fun with Your Date Nights
Don’t forget to enter the Date Night Challenge. Sign up and share your favorite ideas and dates on social media with the hashtag #20dollardatenight. You could win some cash!
I’d love to hear from you. What are your date night plans this weekend?
Take the 5 Days to $5K course!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.