School’s out – what are you up to? Today we’re talking about frugal and fun summer activities for your kids and for you!
Fun and Frugal Summer Activities for Kids
Summer break is here and so far, it’s been a blast.
As school was finishing up with my little one we headed over to Denver.
My cousin’s wedding was beautiful. We took the girls to the park to play and relax.
Got to go downtown, explore.
We tried some local brews.
Thanks to my mom, we had some extra date nights.
the next week was a bit more low key at home, but still fun.
with a couple of weeks left before our oldest goes back to school, we’re mixing things up so it’ll be a memorable summer and won’t break our budget.
Today we have two guests to give some ideas on making the most of your summer!
In this episode, we get into:
- how to find enriching and frugal activities around town
- empowering your kids to become money savvy
- ways to have a date night even when you’re both busy
Hope you enjoy!
Helpful Resources on Kids and Money
If you’re trying to figure out a system that can work for your family, here are a few resources to check out:
- Cash Crunch Games Jr: Our girls love it!
- FamZoo: Fantastic solution for families. We not only use it to handle allowances but track our oldest’s progress for her big savings goals. You can customize it to your family’s situation.
- Join our Thriving Families Facebook Community
- Chicago EcoHouse
- The Opposite of Spoiled
- 6 Tips for Building the Charitable Giving Muscle with Your Kids
- 5 Reasons I Don’t Buy Toys for My Kids
- Tips For Giving Kids an Allowance
- Boost Your Kid’s Money IQ with a Simple Spreadsheet
- 29 Tips for Teaching Your Kids to Stack Benjamins
Support Couple Money Podcast
If you enjoy listening to the show, here are some ways you can support and spread the word!
- Check out the Couple Money Toolkit
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money: This book is designed to get you two on the same page, dump your debt faster, and get on the path to financial freedom.
- Share this episode or the podcast on Social Media!
- Leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Logan from Music for Makers in this episode.
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2018 your best year ever!