In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
School's out – what are you up to? Today we're talking about frugal and fun summer activities for your kids and you!
Fun and Frugal Summer Activities for Kids
Summer break is here, and so far, it's been a blast.
As school was finishing up with my little one, we headed over to Denver. My cousin's wedding was beautiful. We took the girls to the park to play and relax.
Got to go downtown and explore. Eat. We tried some local brews.
And thanks to my incredible mom, we had some extra date nights.
The following week was a bit more low key at home, but still fun. With a couple of weeks left before our oldest returns to school, we're mixing things up so it'll be a memorable summer and won't break our budget.
Today we have two guests to give some ideas on making the most of your summer!
In this episode, we get into:
- how to find enriching and frugal activities around town
- empowering your kids to become money savvy
- ways to have a date night even when you're both busy
Hope you enjoy!
Helpful Resources on Kids and Money
If you’re trying to figure out a system that can work for your family, here are a few resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Cash Crunch Games Jr: Our girls love it!
- FamZoo: Fantastic solution for families. We not only use it to handle allowances but track our oldest's progress for her big savings goals. You can customize it to your family's situation.
- Join our Thriving Families Facebook Community
- Chicago EcoHouse
- The Opposite of Spoiled
- 6 Tips for Building the Charitable Giving Muscle with Your Kids
- 5 Reasons I Don’t Buy Toys for My Kids
- Tips For Giving Kids an Allowance
- Boost Your Kid’s Money IQ with a Simple Spreadsheet
- 29 Tips for Teaching Your Kids to Stack Benjamins
Support Couple Money Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Logan from Music for Makers in this episode.