In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
We’re all looking to get the best value, but how can you balance saving money, hitting your financial goals, while still having fun? Today we’ll go over how you can master the art of being frugal!
Can Being Frugal Make You Rich?
I’m not talking about being cheap.
I’m talking about living a rich life without spending a ton of money.
When I say frugal, I’m talking about living a rich life without spending a ton of money. It’s about maximizing your dollars for the best value.
I’m going to talk about three areas where you can do this – budget, tech, and travel.
To help show the ways you can live well while spending less, I have two guests.
First off, Joel Larsgaard from How to Money is sharing ways couples can work together so they’re spending on what matters to them.
Second, we have Joel Kades of Republic Wireless. We’re going to look at how technology opened up some options so you can get an affordable smartphone plan.
Finally we’ll wrap things up with how to make frugality fun with tips on how to save on travel.
We got a lot to cover so let’s get started!
Resources to Maximize Your Dollars
Being frugal is really about optimizing your expenses so you’re getting the best value. Here are a few resources to help you significantly save!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Republic Wireless
- Root of Good: Justin and his wife retired in their 30s with three kids in tow.
- Your Money or Your Life – One of the first personal finance books that I read that showed the possibilities of a frugal lifestyle.
- The Millionaire Next Door – If you're curious to see how millionaires really live, this book is for you. It highlights that looks can be deceiving.
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Slash Your Phone Bill with Republic Wireless!
I'm so happy to announce our new sponsor Republic Wireless.
If you’re looking to hit your family’s financial goals faster, optimizing your expenses is the way to go. Chances are you’re paying too much for your smartphone and not getting the value you deserve.
Same thing happened to me years ago. Wanting to become debt free faster, I switched to Republic Wireless and saved big time.
Nationwide coverage, fantastic phone options like the Samsung Galaxy and Moto g, plus seriously affordable prices (plans start at $15/month!) make it a smart choice for families looking to save without sacrificing value.
See all they have to offer at Republic Wireless!
Before we wrap up, I want to share a few key takeaways I got as I was preparing this episode.
- Prioritize which expenses matter most to you.
- Focus on big wins and low hanging fruit.
- Redefine what frugal means to you.
If you want to discuss this more – ask questions, swap ideas, and maybe get a debt-free strategy set up – don’t forget to join us in the Thriving Families group on Facebook.
We swap ideas and tips because our goal is to help one another out with our family and financial goals.
Hope to see you there!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!