In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Ready to dump the debt and build wealth together? Here are three crucial questions to discuss to define your financial priorities together!
Finding Financial Security
In this episode we discuss:
- how you two can approach talking about money
- how Ryan helps his clients hone in on their priorities
- conversation starters you can use on your next money date
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Define Your Priorities and Big Goals
Whether it’s a joint or personal goal, there are handy resources available to help you two achieve your dreams.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- What is It Like to Be Married to a Financial Planner?
- How Our Financial Goals Followed Our Family
- What’s Your One Page Financial Plan?
Conversation Starters About Life and Money
Ryan asked three crucial questions on the podcast.
- I want you to imagine that you are financially secure, that you have enough money to take care of your needs, now and in the future. The question is, how would you live your life? What would you do with the money? Would you change anything? Let yourself go. Don’t hold back your dreams. Describe a life that is complete, that is richly yours.
- This time, you visit your doctor who tells you that you have five to ten years left to live. The good part is that you won’t ever feel sick. The bad news is that you will have no notice of the moment of your death. What will you do in the time you have remaining to live? Will you change your life, and how will you do it?
- This time, your doctor shocks you with the news that you have only one day left to live. Notice what feelings arise as you confront your very real mortality. Ask yourself: What dreams will be left unfulfilled? What do I wish I had finished or had been? What do I wish I had done? What did I miss?
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released in June 2016. Show notes has been updated March 2019.