In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Today we’re looking at how you reboot your money by focusing on your bucket list!
Time to Reboot Your Money
It’s now October.
The year is officially wrapping up and for many, it’s a busy season. Do you have any plans coming up?
This month we have a family trip planned to see some of our friends and family for Virginia.
We’re looking forward to it.
But I also know that this time of year can also be one of reflection and review.
We’ve knocked out some goals like saving up for my husband’s next car, but we’re still working on our big goal for the year – paying an extra $11k on our mortgage.
How about you? How close are you to hitting your goals?
If you’re behind on them, it’s okay. There is still time for you to reset and reboot your finances.
And I want to help out.
So this month I want to turn things around by doing a mini-series on the podcast.
Each week we’re going to be tackling some of the big hurdles you might be having with your goals.
One reason I’ve noticed people get behind is that they’ve lost that some of that momentum and motivation.
Let’s be honest if you’re dealing with something big – like trying to become debt-free, you could be in it for a while depending on how much debt you have now.
So how can you not only keep on making progress but actually enjoy yourself?
Something that can help you is reframing your goals.
If you subscribe to the newsletter – and you really should 😉 – you’ll remember it’s one of three books I recommended this summer.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Move away from making financial goals to more holistic ones
- How you can create a bucket list that fits your season of life now
- Tools to make it easier to incorporate more fun into your routine
Let’s get started!
Resources to Hit Your Money Goals
If you two are looking to improve how you talk and work together with your finances (and lives), please check out these resources.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint, Zeta
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Why Most People Fail with Their Goals (And How You Can Win!)
If you want to discuss talking with your spouse about money, ask questions, or share your own tips please join us over at Thriving Families on Facebook.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Take the 5 Days to $5K course!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.