In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
It's June. The year is halfway over. Now is the perfect time to hit pause and do a midyear review to see how you're progressing with your goals and make sure that your accounts are moving in the right direction!
Why Financial Reviews Matter
While we automate much of our finances, especially the tedious parts. It really does pay to have these times where you sit down and review the numbers.
Having these more in-depth conversations can be beneficial to both your marriage and finances.
For us, this is an opportunity to hit pause and to really sit down and talk.
I don't know how this year has gone for you but it really has flown by for us. In overall, it has been good, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been some struggles and challenges that we face.
Second, it gives us a chance to talk about what's been working and what's not working with our family finances.
Life comes up and maybe we had to shift some things for a month or two. This is a pause where we can see, Is this a trend that we should start planning for, or is this a one-time deal? Knowing that ahead of time can relieve the stress going forward.
Finally, it's a great reminder to reflect on the big picture. What are we really working towards and how are we aligned towards that?
Yes, it does involve looking at the finances but also schedule-wise, work choices that we make, time with the girls – all these things are connected to each other.
Having a set period where we can reflect on that big picture is a huge help.
This past year and a half can be especially challenging for families as we are navigating through this unprecedented time.
Which is why I'm glad Kevin Matthews is a part of this episode. He's a former financial advisor and a number one bestselling author.
He just had a new book from Burning the Blueprint that's out that you should definitely grab.
Today, we're going to be talking about that connection between your family and financial goals and making sure that your investments are moving in the right direction.
In this episode, we'll get into:
- why investing matters and how you can come up with a plan that reflects your goals
- how to do a financial review for your investments?
- making sure that they're aligned with your priorities and goals.
Are you ready? Let's get started!
Resources to Stay on Top of Your Money
If you’re looking to build up your finances, here are some handy resources we mentioned in the episode plus more!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- From Burning to Blueprint: Rebuilding Black Wall Street After a Century of Silence
- Why Knowing Your Net Worth Matters
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
They have wonderful services and accounts to make saving easier including their competitive money market accounts!
Slash Your Phone Bill with Republic Wireless!
I'm so happy to announce our new sponsor Republic Wireless.
If you’re looking to hit your family’s financial goals faster, optimizing your expenses is the way to go. Chances are you’re paying too much for your smartphone and not getting the value you deserve.
Same thing happened to me years ago. Wanting to become debt free faster, I switched to Republic Wireless and saved big time.
Nationwide coverage, fantastic phone options like the Samsung Galaxy and Moto g, plus seriously affordable prices (plans start at $15/month!) make it a smart choice for families looking to save without sacrificing value.
See all they have to offer at Republic Wireless!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!