In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Want to make sure your loved ones are taken care of when you pass away? Learn the essentials of preparing and writing your wills!
The Essentials of Writing Your Will
So this topic – preparing your will and choosing guardians for your kids – is one of those areas of finances we tend to shy away from.
I get it.
First off, who likes to think about when they die? And then you have to run through different scenarios to make sure you have your bases covered. It can be overwhelming and just easier to push it off.
However, you want to make sure that you have a will because otherwise, your loved ones will have even more to stress over when you pass away.
Taking some time now will allow you to make sure your family is taken care.
Today we're going over the essentials to preparing your wills and choosing guardians for your kids without weighing you down.
Thankfully, certified financial planner and accredited financial counselor Jean Marie Dillion is here to help.
In this episode, we discuss:
- the essentials of preparing and writing your will
- choosing guardians to take care of your loved ones
- whether or not those do it yourselves wills and online kits are worth it
Hope this helps!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/S6E11_What_You_Need_to_Know_About_Wills_and_Guardians.mp3″ background=”default” ]
Resources on Estate Planning
If you want more information about setting things up for your loved one, here are some posts to check out:
- Freedom Financial Counseling
- Do it Yourself Will: Pros and Cons
- Estate Planning for Young Families
- Wills, Guardianship, and Estate Planning
- Five Essential Items for Your Estate Plan
- Choosing Legal Guardians for Our Baby
- Estate Planning Lessons We Can Learn From Cinderella
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Logan from Music for Makers in this episode.