In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Drowning from all your student loans? Jay Fleischman, an attorney who specializes in student loans and bankruptcy, goes over different options to help the two of you stay afloat!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/Escaping_Student_Loan_Debt_Traps_with_Jay_Fleischman.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Dumping Student Loan Debt
Student loans can be a big monthly burden. Right now the average debt per borrower is$28,400!
Student loans can affect more than just your bank account. According to a recent survey of borrowers,
- 62% said they have put off saving for retirement
- 28% said that student debt has delayed their decision to start a family
Jay Fleischman has pretty much seen it all. Jay is an attorney one of the most knowledgeable and experienced out there on student loans and bankruptcy.
We're looking at some essentials like:
- key differences between federal and private loans
- deciding whether forbearance is the right move for you and,
- what to know before you refinance
If you two are struggling to make ends meet, then today's show can be a financial lifesaver.
Resources on Dealing with Student Loans
If you want to get more information about how to avoid student loans, pay them off faster, or how to stay afloat, here some resources to check out:
- Student Loan Show
- Consumer Help Central
- 5 Reasons To Embrace Income Based Student Loan Repayment Options
- Tips on Paying for College without Going Into Debt
- Paying for Your Kid’s College (without Going Broke)
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?