In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Merging families and finances can be especially tricky with blended families, but you two can succeed and thrive. Get tips on how you can make this big transition go a lot smoother!
Blended Families and Finances
Anytime you're merging lives, there are so many things to talk about and discuss. When you're blending your families that's another layer of complexity.
If you have kids, you two are figuring out what the house rules apply now with things like curfew, chores, that you're under one roof.
But you also have your exes. They may have rules which are completely opposite of yours. As you're juggling things as a family, it can be tricky navigating things.
And finances can be just as messy.
Thankfully, Melissa Brown, creator of Blended Family Podcast, is on the show today. She going to discuss her own family's transition and how they manage things plus offer practical tips to make the transition smoother.
Hope you enjoy!
Resources on Merging Finances
Special thanks to Melissa for coming on and share her thoughts and story!
If you’re looking tips, stories, and advice to make merging finances easier, here are a few to check out!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- How to Win Your Spouse Over When They Hate the Budget
- Getting Your Spouse to Save More
- How to Encourage Your Spouse to Start (and Keep) a Budget
If you’re looking for a community to swap ideas and encouragement, please join Thriving Families on Facebook!
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. I’d love for more couples to work together to dump their debt and pursue their dreams together! Please leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
I appreciate your help. Let’s make talking about marriage and money fun!
This episode was originally released in June 2017. Show notes have been updated September 2022.