In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Ever dream of getting away from it? Learn how you can prepare for your own adventure as Mike shares how he and his wife took their family on an RV trip across the Americas!
Planning a Family Adventure
Have you ever imagined taking a trip together? No, not a one-week vacation or a cruise to the Caribbean. I'm talking about leaving your job, home, and exploring some part of the world for awhile.
What usually happens though is your dream interrupted by the questions like,
- How would we pay for this?
- Would we be able to find a job after we returned?
- Could we sell your house?
- If you have kids, how would they deal with things?
They're normal questions and concerns to have. I'd take it as a sign that you're someone who thinks things through. But wouldn't be fun to shake up things a little?
Mike is on the show to help you go from dream to reality by sharing his story and take on things. He and his wife are wrapping a trip they took as a family five through the Americas.
In this episode we look into:
- how they prepare their finances and themselves for their RV trip
- dealing with difficulties on the road
- how you can start building some income on the side for your own adventure
Hope you enjoy!
If you want to see how another family toured the country, check out my interview with Derek and Carrie Olsen.
Resources to Travel More
Want to learn travel more this year? Here are some resources to check out to get you up and running with travel hacking:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Unconventional Guide to Luxury Travel on a Budget
- How to Be a Travel Hacker
- Credit Cards and Airline Miles – Can You Really Get Free Flights?
- Finding Great Deals on Hotels
- Debt Free Vacations – How It Works for Us
- How to Travel to Exotic, Expensive Cities on $50 a Day
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital.
Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?
This episode was originally released on May 2017. Show notes have been updated May 2021