In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Debt can be an enormous burden for many couples. Learn how you two can work together and get the resources you need to deal with depression and debt.
Fighting Debt and Depression as a Couple
This episode is part of the Suicide Prevention Awareness Month blog and now podcast tour in partnership with Debt Drop.
This is a heavier than normal topic, but I’m afraid too many people and couples suffer in silence.
My focus today is giving you some jumping points and ideas. You two can then discuss them and work out what’s best for you.
I want to clear upfront – I’ve never had to deal with depression and debt, but I’ve dealt with both.
I remember clearly the anxiety and stress I had over debt. Sleepless nights trying to figure which bill to pay with a limited income.
I’ve had periods in my life where depression robbed me of joy. There was no specific trigger, but it was a win to get out of bed some days.
That said – I am not a medical professional.
I just want to share some encouragement and tips that have helped me and others.
Resources to Fight Debt and Depression
If you two are looking for resources to not only knock down your debt but take care of yourselves, here some to check out:
- If you are feeling suicidal, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or text HOME to 741741.
- Depressed About Debt? Expert Advice on How to Overcome Financial Anxiety
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Dealing with Depression
- Recognize the Warning Signs of Suicide
- The scary link between credit card debt and depression
- Debt & Suicide: I Tattled Big Time And I Violated A Lot Of Things But I’m Still Proud
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money Masterclass.
This self-paced course is designed to help you get on the same page with money, dump your debt faster, and build wealth as a team.