In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Want to make next year your best? Get the tips and resources to help you two reach your financial goals together!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/How_Make_and_Achieve_Epic_Money_Goals.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
How was 2016 for you financially? Are you guys in a better spot than you were last year?
Making Financial Goals Together
Last week I shared how we did with our money. This week it's all about next year – we're gearing up for an epic year and I'd love for you to do the same.
In this episode, we'll get into:
- The problem with most financial resolutions and goals
- How the two of you can come up with goals that you're both behind
- How You Can Achieve Big Things in 2017
Hope you enjoy!
If you want to get more tips on make better goals, please catch my episode on Owning the Year with SMART goals.
Keeping Your Financial Goals
Fidelity's recent study discovered that 36% of Americans are putting their finances on their to do list.
Like years past, the most common money goals people are working on are:
- Save More
- Pay down debt
- Spend less
While I'm happy people are paying attention to their finances, most won't achieve them. A big reason why is how they create their goals.
As you see in the list, they tend to be:
- be too vague
- have no process to measure or track their progress
- no defined reason for their goals
If you two want to break the cycle of unfulfilled goals, here are some tips to help you:
- Understand Your Why: It can be tough to stick with goals, so having a way to remind yourselves of why you're doing this can make all the difference.
- Be Specific as Much as You Can: How much debt do you want to pay off? How much are you going to stash in savings? Sit down and pick a number (you can always adjust later).
- Automate: Once you define how much you're paying off, saving, or investing start an automatic transfer. It'll help you stay the course.
New Year, New You Financial Summit
We've been talking about goals and how you two can reach them.
I've teamed up with some of my buddies on something that can help you two have an EPIC year. We're hosting the New Year, New You Summit. It's a huge week-long event that you can catch from home. It's going to be happening January 9-13, 2017.
How would you like to hear from others who have done big things like pay off six figures of debt, retired early, or became a one income family to have more time for the kids?
And the best part? You can watch the summit that week for FREE! You just have to register and we'll save you a spot. Register for FREE here!
Don't forget to invite friends and loved ones who you feel could also use this! There will also be over free resources and prizes. I want you to have the best year ever, so please sign up today!
Resources for Couples & Financial Goals
Want to learn more? Here are some resources to check out:
- 8th Annual Fidelity® Resolutions Study
- Breaking Through and Achieving Your Financial Goals
- Prioritizing Goals and Finances
- How Our Financial Goals Followed Our Family
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?