Live. Save. Spend. Repeat: Financial Freedom as a Team
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Looking to get off the treadmill and finally dump your debt? Learn how you can set your money to win and reach your goals faster!
Have you ever been frustrated with your money? I know when we were first starting out, there were times where I felt like we knew where we wanted to go, but we weren't making the progress we hoped for.
Or maybe you're looking at that big pile of debt and it looks like it's impossible to tackle with the income you have.
Perhaps you'd love to retire early, but it's such a far off goal.
Pursuing Financial Freedom
Kim Anderson has been there. She's the creator of Thrifty Little Mom and the author of Live Save Spend Repeat.
She and her husband Cressel have been tackling some big dreams, including living a debt free life.
In this episode we get into:
- Why Kim prefers cash based over credit cards
- the changes needed to pay off $90k in 2 years and become financially free
- why and how she and her husband are creating the life they want
Hope you enjoy!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/Living_the_Life_You_Want_with_the_Money_You_Have_.mp3″ social_pinterest=”true” hashtag=”money #podcast ” twitter_username=”couplemoney” ]
Resources to Simplify Your Finances and Dump Your Debt
Tired of being in debt? Here are some resources to help you dump it.
- Live Save Spend Repeat
- Attacking Debt: Which One First?
- The Great Debt Dump
- Which Debt Payoff Method Is Right for You?
- Best Strategies to Get Out of Debt
- Knock Out Your Credit Card Debt
Key Takeaways on How to Save More
Loved chatting with Kim! Before we wrap up though, I want to share some key takeaways I got from our conversation.
- Convenience can be a trap. For Kim, switching over to cash was a bit of hassle, but it made it easier to spend less and stick to the budget.
- Big wins takes big mindset shifts. Before moving forward, Kim had rethink how she handled money and debt.
- Automate your system to follow through. Willpower only goes so far, by setting up a system for their money Kim and Cressel reached their
If you’d like to chat more about how you can maximize this year’s refund or start taking steps to make next year even better, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families.
We’re families looking to support and help one another out. Hope to see you there!
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. I’d love for more couples to work together to dump their debt and pursue their dreams together! Please leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
I appreciate your help. Let’s make talking about marriage and money fun!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere and Music for Makers.