In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Looking to balance work and family? LaTisha Styles shares her take and story on being a happily married entrepreneur!
Entrepreneurs + Marriage
Working from home offers many benefits, but has its challenges. I’ve been working from home for years and had a flow. When my husband went full-time remote and the kids did the virtual academy with school, we knew we had reconfigured a few things to make it work.
We created spaces for school and work and had to adjust our schedules and routines. As working parents, we have to be careful that work doesn’t spill over to family time.
It’s especially hard as an entrepreneur, where you have a huge impact on your business’s bottom line.
This is why I’m pulling from the archives an interview I had with LaTisha Styles. She’s the Founder & CEO of You’ve Got Clients®, a marketing consultancy.
When I first met her she created Young Finances to help millennials build better habits with their money.
During our chat, Latisha shared her thoughts, experiences, and tips on being an entrepreneur and being fully engaged with her family.
In this episode we get into:
- what made Leticia start her own business
- creating boundaries for her family and business
- how she and her husband support one
I hope you enjoy it!
Want to start off your entrepreneurship journey? Please check out my interview with Nick Loper the joy and challenges of side hustles.
Resources to Help You Launch a Side Hustle
If you're ready to make the leap, here are some more resources to help you build another income stream.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- 5 Days to $5K
- Launch by Jeff Walker
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- Launching a Business as a Creative Entrepreneur
- Developing a Money Making Hobby
- Starting and Building a Side Hustle with Fiverr
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union. If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word. If you have friends who could boost their savings, please share this episode with them on social media or just email the link!
- Leave a review. Every review helps! Please share your honest feedback on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Visit our Couple Money Toolkit for more info on available apps, tools, and services to master your money together.
- Become a Patron.
This episode was originally published in November 2016. Show notes have been updated March 2022.