Marriage & Money: Getting a Financial Snapshot
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Learn how to make your marriage and finances stronger by getting a financial snapshot. I'll share the steps, tips, and resources to do it easily!
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/couplemoney/traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/QA_Session_10_Net_Worth_Reviews_as_a_Couple.mp3″ ]
Why You Need a Financial Snapshot
Last week certified financial planners Brian Preston and Bo Hanson came on the podcast and shared some fantastic nuggets on what couples can do to strengthen their marriage and grow their wealth.
There was one point of theirs I’d like to highlight today.
They mentioned repeatedly was how important it was to them to have their wives well aware of their family’s financial situation.
I feel the same way – even though I handle the day to day finances, my husband is still in the loop.
This is important for a few reasons:
- When one spouse is carrying all of the responsibility with finances, it can start to become a burden.
- Small problems with finances can snowball out of control without another pair of eyes reviewing the numbers.
- If something should happen to the spouse handling the money, the other is left in the dark.
- Decisions have to be together if you want to build your marriage and finances. Communication is key in a marriage.
Working Together on Finances
The reality, though, is sometimes your spouse isn't as excited or detail oriented as you'd like.
In today’s episode, I share how you two can set things up and easily keep track of your finances so you have more time for each other rather than tracking every penny by hand!
Subscribe to Couple Money Podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, or copy this link to use with a podcatcher of your choice. You can also find me hanging out on Twitter and Facebook!
Resources to Help Your Track Your Money
Want to get started and get a snapshot of your money? Here are a few of my favorite resources:
- Personal Capital
- Tracking Your Spending Quickly and Easily
- Money Leaks: Keeping Purchases in Check
- Couple Money Guide to Automating Your Finances
- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Budget @ Budgets Are Sexy
- FLOP: Financial Life on One Page
- E.O.D. Deluxe Budget 3.0
- Financial Infidelity: 4 Steps for Healing Marriages Torn by Finances
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?