In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
With some strategic money moves, Rob and his wife Sara will be retiring by 40. Find out which small changes have had the biggest impact and how you can use them to retire early!
Money Hacks: Small Changes, Huge Impact
Having high income can be a fantastic aid to speed things along towards early retirement, but it's not required. You can set yourselves up financially even if you make a more typical income.
Rob's a federal employee working as an accountant. His paycheck has never been extravagant but he's on track to retire by 40.
He and his wife Sara have been writing about how they're doing it on Mustard Seed Money. Like the biblical reference, Rob wants to share how small changes can lead to big results.
They're on today to discuss:
- why and how they first talked about money in their marriage
- finding ways to keep their monthly expenses (especially the big ones) low
- having fun along the journey
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/How_To_Retire_Early_without_a_Lucrative_Job.mp3″ background=”default” ]
Want to hear another interview about retiring early? Check out my episode with Liz from Frugalwoods. Liz shares how she and her husband were able to retire in their 30s!
Resources to Retire Early & Money Hacks
If you two are looking at early retirement or to become financially independent, check out these resources.
- Don't forget to connect with Rob and Sara! Twitter | Facebook
- Are Housemates Worth the Financial Benefits?
- How We Save Money on Food?
- Saving Money When You Have a Baby
- Why We Don’t Micromanage Our Money
- Financial Independence and Parenthood
- The Joy That Comes When Less Is Enough
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- Seven Characteristics of The Millionaire Next Door
- How To Score a $50 Car Payment For Life
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?
Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money
Stressed over money? Get the guide to building your wealth together!
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money is designed to get you two on an effective and easy system to dump your debt, save for your dreams, and become financially independent in four weeks!
Inside, you’ll learn how to:
- Stop fighting about money. See how you two can get on the same page with your goals and have fun with money dates.
- Automate your budget & system. Stay on top of your money without stressing over every penny.
- Earn and save more money. We’ll go through ways you can slash your expenses and start building some extra income to reach your dreams faster!