In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Looking to boost your income? Learn how to find and launch a side hustle so Are you thinking of starting a side hustle, but you're afraid of burnout?
Learn how you can have the best of both worlds – diversify your income and earn money on the side while keeping it sustainable and fit around your schedule!
Boost and Diversify Your Income
All this month we’re focusing on ways to earn more. The concern though is about the time and effort involved with building up another stream of income.
Most of us are busy and we're not looking to take on a second job at night or the weekends, especially if we have other responsibilities, including kids. This is where a side hustle can be a practical solution.
First, though, let's talk about some of the worries people have about starting a side hustle.
Type in ‘side hustle' on the web and you'll get some pretty ridiculous claims. Too many times it's this empty promise of getting rich quick.
Or it's all about the grind, where people brag about the crazy hours they put in.
When I say side hustle, I'm referring to part-time entrepreneurship that is built around your schedule. I know there are those who push the grind, but I’m not interested in sharing ways you can burn-out.
I want you to find and launch a sustainable business on the side. Today's show is designed to help you figure out if this is the right option for you.
From the vault, I found a gem of conversation with Nick Loper. He’s the creator of Side Hustle Nation and author of multiple books.
One thing I respect about Nick is how open he is about when things work and when they don’t. If you decide to pursue a side hustle, I want you to have a clear view of challenges that can come up and resources that can make things easier.
In this episode we get into:
- Why it’s important to diversity your income
- give you some tips on how to be productive
- How to use your side hustle money to speed your way to financial freedom
Resources to Help You Launch a Side Hustle
If you're ready to make the leap, here are some more resources to help you build another income stream.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- 5 Days to $5K
- Being Productive as a Work from Home Parent
- WORK SMARTER: 500+ Online Resources Today's Top Entrepreneurs Use to Increase Productivity and Achieve Their Goals
- The Side Hustle Path (4 Book Series)
- Launching a Business as a Creative Entrepreneur
- Stacked Book Tour <- See when Joe's coming to your town
- Raleigh Stacked Book Tour Stop: Grab your free ticket!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union. If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word. If you have friends who could boost their savings, please share this episode with them on social media or just email the link!
- Leave a review. Every review helps! Please share your honest feedback on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. .
- Visit our Couple Money Toolkit for more info on available apps, tools, and services to master your money together.
- Become a Patron.
This episode was originally published in November 2015. Shownotes have been updated March 2022.