Avoid These Mistakes When Selling Your Home
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Thinking of selling your house? Today we’ll go over how to prepare your place so you can get the best price for it!
What You Need to Know to Sell Your House for More
So far this month, we’ve been focused on buying a house. We looked at mortgages last week, discussed how to find some hidden gems in your city, and what mistakes to avoid during your house hunt.
Now we’re looking at the other side: selling your place.
Right now in Raleigh, it’s a seller’s market. On the plus side, houses are selling faster and for more. Still, it can feel overwhelming, especially if you’re also trying to find your next place at the same time.
So how can you prepare your place to maximize your sales price? Which updates can attract more interest and which can hurt? Is there a good time to list your house?
These are a few questions that can pop up so that’s why I’m thrilled to share from the vault an interview I had with Mariella Guillama is here today. She’s an award -winning Real Estate Broker at Daymark Realty.
We used Daymark when we sold our first home and for buying our current place. We’re super happy with the experience.
In this episode, we’ll get into:
- finding the best price to list it
- what mistakes to avoid so you’re not wasting time or money
- how to prepare your place so it wows potential buyers and you get top dollar offers
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources to Get Top Dollar When Selling Your House
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Free 5 Days to $5K Course
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Quick and Essential Guide to Sell Your House for More Money
- Real Estate Agent, Broker, Realtor: What’s the Difference?
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
See how Coastal can help you with your mortgage needs and Daymark Realty has a fantastic team ready to help find the perfect house for you in the Triangle area!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode and show notes have been updated April 2022.
Our theme song is from Staircases. Additional music by various artists from Audiio.
This episode was originally released in February 2021. Show notes have been updated April 2022.