401(k)s: What Couples Need to Know to Maximize Their Retirement
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
For most couples, their 401(k)s are an important part of their retirement plans. Learn how you can avoid making big mistakes and make the most out of your 401(k)!
Making the Most of Your 401(k)
It's just there's a huge information overload and it's easy to get caught in the mess and not be sure how to actually do it.
Today we're going to give you a leg up.
Usually during this time of year, I pull in the experts like certified financial planners where we dive into the nitty gritty details of the different benefits and options that may be available.
I’m grateful for those experts who took the time to share some of their knowledge and will have those episodes up on the homepage so you can listen to them because much of it is still incredibly helpful.
Today, I’m doing what I did last week, which is to go over those FAQs that typically come up. Again, these questions are the ones I see on my side, from discussing through the newsletter, in the Facebook group Thriving Families, or those Google searches.
In this episode we’re discussing:
- The biggest mistakes couples make with their 401(k)s
- Figuring out how much you need to contribute
- What to do with your 401(k) at your old job
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Resources for Smarter Investing
If you want to learn more about investing and staying on top of your money, here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- How to Start Investing: A Simple Guide for Busy Couples
- How to Maximize Your Retirement with Your 401(k)s
- How Much Should We Contribute to Our 401(k)?
- Master Your 401(k): Optimizing Your Investments
- Join Our Thriving Families Community on Facebook
- Capitalize: 401(k) Rollovers made easy
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
Did you know that Coastal offers a Health Savings Account? If you have a high deductible health plan, you need to take advantage of an HSA.
Find out more about what Coastal offers here!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!