Retirement Planning: How to Get Back on Track
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Around 82% of Americans said their finances were affected by the pandemic and the fallout according to a recent Fidelity survey.
If you’re planning on retiring in a few years, that can be a really scary thing.
I want to share a resource that can help you get back on track with your retirement plan!
The 5 Years Before You Retire: Retirement Planning When You Need It the Most
How comfortable do you feel about your retirement?
You’re not alone if you’re worried about it. According to that Fidelity study mentioned earlier, 36% of Americans are more concerned now than at the start of the pandemic on their ability to maintain a nest egg in retirement.
The good news for most of us is that there is time to get back on track.
Today’s bonus episode is focused on helping you reset things and worry less about retirement.
Thrilled to have Emily Guy Birken on. She is a former educator, lifelong money nerd, and a Plutus Award-winning freelance writer who specializes in the scientific research behind irrational money behaviors.
She’s also the author of several wonderful books including End Financial Stress Now and The Five Years Before You Retire, which has been updated and released today.
I got an advanced copy and really enjoyed it. I actually ordered a copy for my mom.
Emily covers everything you need to do in the next five years to maximize your current savings and create a realistic plan for your future.
During our chat, we get into:
- The two biggest mistakes people make when it comes to retirement planning
- How to assess where you are with your finances now
- Understanding social security
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Get Back on Track with Your Retirement
Here are some fantastic resources to set things up and help you plan for your retirement together.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- The Five Years Before You Retire
- Retirement Planning for Real Life
- Rock Retirement
- Setting Up Your Retirement with the Right Tools
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and helps gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Our theme song is from Staircases. Additional music by various artists from Audiio.