In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Does your family budget feel tight? Learn three key ways on how you can save hundreds of dollars each month raising your kids and still having fun!
Financial Freedom Through Saving More
I know that financial independence is a buzzword in the personal finance sphere. You got stories where people are saving 60, 70% of and retiring in 5, 10 years.
I commend anyone is who simplifies their lives and removes the needless excess so they can achieve the goal.
What I do see missing in some of these dramatic stories are the numbers, details, and well, relatability.
Saving 70% of a $200k income is an achievement, but so is saving 20% of a $50,000.
And to be helpful to families of different incomes, we need to look at the principles behind and it really comes down to mastering the art of living well on less.
Notice I didn’t say living on less. You do have to spend less than you earn- that’s a core financial principle – but the other is living well.
This is about a financial diet where you deprive yourself just to save more. This is about a lifestyle where you nail what truly matters to you, cut out the noise, and move your money towards your dreams.
Now, before you can pay off your debts, have an emergency fund, or invest for your future you have to have some money, right?
We have to develop our muscle with saving more.
Which is why we have Ansley Fender on today. She’s a Personal Finance Coach and Writer.
Ansley helps people make sense of their money by designing spending plans that align with their goals and lifestyle preferences.
She also understands firsthand what it’s like to accumulate $100,000 in student loan and consumer debt while climbing her way out as a new mom.
In this episode, we get into:
- How to pursue financial freedom when you want to have a life
- Ways to have fun as a family without breaking the bank
- How you can earn some extra cash by doing things you already enjoy
We’ll get you a few steps closer to saving more!
Want to really
Resources to Save More Money
Want to start boosting your savings? Here are some resources and tools to check out and use:
- Connect with Ansley
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Automatic Saving:
- Free 401(k) Analysis:
- 5 Days to $5K: It’s my free weeklong course to show you how to find, save, and make extra money so you can dump debt and save more!
- 17 Money Saving Strategies We Used to Triple Our Savings Rate
- How We Went From Earning a Living to Building Wealth, Together
- 3 Money Tips to Best Afford Luxuries
Key Takeaways on How Families Can Save More Money
Before we close up I want to focus on some key takeaways I got from talking with Ansley.
- Approach your finances
likeyou would with your health.the reason so many diets fail is because they‘re unsustainable and about deprivation. Strict budgets are the same way. InsteadI want you to look for ways to cut back while still having room for fun.
- Skip the cluttering gifts, go for experiences. Redirecting grandparents and friends away from toys to more enriching and satisfying activities and experiences not only save you
money,but can be more meaningful gifts.
- Don’t feel bad about spending money. There are still going to be expenses with raising your kids and you shouldn’t feel guilty about that. This is about becoming more intentional with how we spend it for our family.
Those are my takeaways, I’d love to hear from you. What are you going to use from today’s episode?
Come let me know on our free FB group Thriving Families!
Support the Podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and
getsthe word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Take the 5 Days to $5K course!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.