Do you two have several dreams you want to achieve, but can’t agree on which ones to tackle first?
Today I’ll share how you can work together to save for and reach your biggest dreams!
How to Save Money Together
One of the things I love about our community is how you guys keep me in the loop with how things are going.
I appreciate those e-mails tweets those messages that you send I get really fired up hearing about your wins.
As you probably imagine, I also hear the questions and struggles you’re having -especially when it comes to saving for your dreams.
Every couple has their own situation and story but there are situations that keep coming up.
Today we’re going to tackle the three biggest hurdles to saving and achieving your goals:
- Getting your spouse on board with saving
- Getting on the same page with your goals
- Finding money to save
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Save for Your Big Dreams
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be on the same page from Day One?
For most couples (including us!), it’s more like opposites attract.
If you had to label us my husband would be what you called the natural saver and I was the spender.
And since I was the spouse that was the spender I can tell you that it is possible to work through things together.
I don’t see myself as a spender now but as a doer.
Shifting not only my mindset but the process of how we approach money has made all the difference.
Saving used to feel like being a chore or punishment, now it’s something enjoyable.
We’re moving forward on things that are important to us while still having fun now.
Whether it’s a joint or personal goal, there are handy resources available to help you two save and achieve your dreams together.
- 20 Ways to Have Fun This Summer and Still Save a Ton of Money
- Where Should Our Money Go? Prioritizing Your Goals
- 5 Easy (Yet Powerful) Ways to Save More Money
- Why Most People Fail with Their Goals
- How Our Financial Goals Followed Our Family
- What’s Your One Page Financial Plan?
Handy Tools to Save More Money
Here are a few of my favorite tools that make saving money much easier!
- Money Tracking and Budgets: Personal Capital, Mint, and Tiller are fantastic options
- Qapital: Free tool that makes saving automatic and fun
- iBotta: Redeem cash while shopping
- Camel, Camel, Camel: Free Amazon price tracker
- Honey: Free browser extension that searches for coupon codes for you during check out
- Paribus: Checks for price drops and works to get you a refund
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on the big wins including earning more. Get LIFETIME access to a four-week course design to help you:
- Stop fighting about money and create a budget that you BOTH LOVE
- Automate your money
- Pay off your debt faster
You can get lifetime access here.
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2018 your best year ever!